Our posts have dwindled slightly in the last three months. While it’s true that we haven’t been able to travel to as many Michigan breweries as we would like, our time has not been spent in vain. The truth is that the pair that runs the Michigan Beer Blog – Laura and Seth Porter – are opening a kitchen and bar dedicated celebrating Michigan’s vast array of food and beverages! The Black Heron will provide:
· Rare and popular beer from all over the state
· an unprecedented gluten free cider collection
· the largest collection of Michigan Spirits in the world
· a menu inspired by Michigan’s agricultural bounty
As you may have noticed from our last article, we are Grand Rapidians who have fallen in love with the West Side of the city. The Black Heron will be located at 428 Bridge St NW, close to the Grand River and within walking distance to the Devos Performance Hall.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! We are not some mega corporation opening another chain; we will rely on every ounce of good will and friendship and loyalty we have with our readers and our suppliers to make this work. So how can you help?
- “Like” our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. That is where the majority of our renovations updates will be until we open. After that, that will be our primary method of communication for menu specials, drink special, employment opportunities, etc.
- Tell your friends!
- Stop by for a drink after we’re open! (mid November)
For now, that’s it! We will continue to write about breweries in our (vanishing) spare time here. Yes, I stockpiled some outlines of some Upper Peninsula breweries for you.
Thank you for your years of support!